The Jewish Museum is seeking a summer intern to assist with preparations for TELEVISION AND BEYOND, a project in the Museum’s new collection display. TELEVISION AND BEYOND presents a rotating selection of television clips from the Museum’s National Jewish Archive of Broadcasting (NJAB), examining how Jews have been portrayed and portray themselves, and how mass media has addressed issues of religion, ethnicity, and diversity. The intern will assist with selecting and compiling materials to be included in this exhibition series. The intern will also assist with organizing materials related to the NJAB, and with pre-screening submissions to the New York Jewish Film Festival.
|Reports to:||Associate Curator, Director of NY Jewish Film Festival|
|Date posted:||January 18, 2018|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
|Schedule:||Part-Time; Schedule TBD|
- Research television programs for inclusion in Television and Beyond (TVB)
- Assist with identifying and selecting clips to be included in TVB
- Assist with writing texts about TVB for marketing and publicity purposes
- Assist in pre-screening submissions for the Film Festival; write descriptions and assessments of films
- Assist with organizing materials related to the National Jewish Archive of Broadcasting
- B.A., B.A. candidate, or M.A. in Media Studies, Museum Studies, Curatorial Studies, or an arts-related field
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for film and media; familiarity with museums.
To apply, please submit an internship applcation, resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.