The Jewish Museum seeks an experienced marketing professional to provide strategic direction and management of its Marketing team. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Marketing & Communications, the Assistant Director of Marketing manages a three-person department and works in close collaboration with department heads across the Marketing & Communications division, which includes Digital, Communications, Creative Services, and Visitor Experience. The incumbent works with the Deputy Director to develop integrated marketing strategies designed to raise the profile of the Museum, ensure brand consistency, increase visitation, and support audience development goals for all aspects of Museum operations, including exhibitions, education programs (for family, adult, teen, access, and school groups), membership, special events, patron programs, facility rentals, shop, and restaurant. S/he oversees the execution of these strategies in advertising, direct marketing, and grassroots outreach.
|Reports to:||Deputy Director, Marketing & Communications|
|Date posted:||January 6, 2017|
- Collaborate with Deputy Director on the development and execution of overarching strategies to promote exhibitions and programs and to meet special project goals
- Leverage key insights from audience research studies, including visitor intercept studies, to create actionable strategies. Outline market research strategies to be able to assess and report on outcomes
- Liaise with internal clients, including curators, educators, fundraisers, and other key personnel, to develop and build buy-in for relevant sustainable marketing strategies
- Ensure that marketing plans are executed consistently across all platforms by working in close cooperation with colleagues across the Marketing & Communications division
- Collaborate with Director of Digital to ensure marketing plans integrate with website, email, social media, and video content strategies, including execution of website remarketing and campaign optimization
- As a leader of the Museum’s internal agency model, support audience development goals across multiple departments (Curatorial, Education, Development, Shop, etc.)
- Understand the goals of each department and develop short- and long-term strategies to help clarify and prioritize immediate and seasonal initiatives
- Work with the Deputy Director, Marketing & Communications to build innovative, viable plans to meet attendance, revenue, and awareness goals by program
- Oversee the development of advertising messaging, creative, and other marketing assets that adheres to brand standards and meets the strategic goals of each campaign
- Work with Creative Services on design briefs, including image selection
- Draft compelling ad copy, including taglines and radio spots
- In collaboration with Director of Digital, develop and draft copy and keywords for search advertising campaigns via Google AdWords
- In collaboration with Director of Digital, storyboard promotional video content and target distribution platforms
- Steward Museum’s brand, including visual and voice standards, across the organization
- Collaborate with Director of Visitor Experience to ensure consistent, appealing, and relevant onsite messaging
- Partner with external media buyer on long-range media plans, evaluating and shifting media spend as needed in response to operating environment and program priorities
- Develop multi-channel marketing plans and budgets
- Recommend media plan and placement
- Review and analyze campaign effectiveness to redirect investments
- Collaborate with Development to launch and steward major sponsorships
- Ensure sponsor acknowledgements on marketing collateral
- Develop media sponsorship pitches
- Provide interim and final reports to sponsors
- Responsible for managing budget of approximately $1MM
- Manage team of three, including recruitment, onboarding, professional development, and performance review
- Other special projects as assigned by Deputy Director, Marketing & Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in a marketing management role with progressively increased responsibility; museum, nonprofit, or agency experience strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience and fiscal management experience.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful marketing plans.
- Experience stewarding strategy with designers through creative development.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office; proficient at CRM best practices and reporting functions (Salesforce preferred); experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Genuine interest in visual art and Jewish culture preferred.
- Dynamic and personable team leader, able to operationalize strategies and motivate direct reports
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing best, as well as behavioral marketing
- Solid grasp of branding fundamentals and ability to manage messaging consistency to targeted constituencies
- Creative problem-solver with superior project management skills, including sound judgment in prioritization
- Analytical thinker who can apply quantitative reasoning to diverse activities
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Deep understanding of cultural audiences
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director of Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.