The Junior Graphic Designer will create engaging materials and support the Museum’s overall graphic design project needs in support of the exhibitions, public programs, and institutional communications. Projects will include print and digital collateral, web content, e-communications and other digital media, environmental and exhibition design, and motion graphics related to institutional, exhibition, development, membership, education and program-related promotional needs. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with the graphic design firm Topos Graphics.
|Department:||Marketing & Communications|
|Reports to:||Consulting Creative Designer|
|Date posted:||December 22, 2016|
- Design attractive and effective promotional content including print collateral, website pages and calendar listings, e-communications, environmental and exhibition design, motion graphics and other general museum information; and social media content.
- Work cross-departmentally on multiple publications.
- Prepare design files for production.
- Communicate with vendors and other service providers relating to design and fabrication.
- Adhere to production schedules, budgets and deadlines.
- Actively stay abreast of current design trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or similar.
- Preferred minimum of one year of experience designing marketing collateral or advertisements, arts and cultural experience a plus.
- Experience managing multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of design principles and techniques including web and digital design, web standards and related best practices. Motion and/or environmental design experience a plus.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. HTML, CSS, Keynote, PowerPoint, After Effects a plus.
- Previous experience supporting brand requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, typesetting and typography.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to take direction and build productive working relationships.
- Interest in art and culture preferred.
For immediate consideration send resume, cover letter and samples of your design/website portfolio to:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.