Assist the Membership Department staff in all areas related to membership development, fund raising and member services and benefits. This is an excellent opportunity to observe the inner workings of a non-profit organization, as well as to gain experience working within a museum, and to learn non-profit membership department and development practices. Great opportunity to learn a database program.
|Reports to:||Director of Membership/Membership Associate/Membership Assistant|
|Date posted:||June 26, 2017|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
|Schedule:||Flexible during Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, or as arranged|
Essential Internship Functions:
- Assist membership staff with membership service tasks.
- Administrative duties that include responding to member requests, answering phones, executing financial transactions and data entry.
- Customer Service duties that include welcoming members to museum (lobby membership desk), answering member calls, meeting member requests, assisting with Membership events.
Secondary Internship Functions:
- Assisting staff in meeting member requests.
- Filing and clerical duties.
- Executing financial transactions.
- Providing information to members and visitors.
- Must be working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field of Development, Museum Studies, nonprofit management or Art History/ History.
- Have an interest in Membership and Development.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and a strong attention to detail.
- Good people skills and high levels of patience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, email internship application, resume, and cover letter to:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.