The Jewish Museum seeks a motivated intern with a passion for art and technology to join the Jewish Museum’s Digital team. While developing their knowledge of digital strategy within a museum environment, the intern will support the Digital department in activities related to the website, email, editorial, social media, digital asset management system (DAMs), and online collection.
For the summer 2019 season, the Digital Intern will support exhibitions including Scenes from the Collection and Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything. The intern will receive a museum identification card that allows for free admission to other museums and various discounts.
|Reports to:||Digital Marketing Manager|
|Date posted:||January 30, 2019|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
|Schedule:||Part-Time; 2 - 3 days/week|
- Maintain select areas of thejewishmuseum.org
- Research and draft content for social media and editorial channels
- Contribute to analytics reports on digital activities
- Upload and tag digital assets in the DAMs such as photos and videos
- Support administrative tasks as needed
- B.A. or M.A. candidate in Art History, Communications, or related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress and MailChimp a plus
- Active social media user on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Genuine interest in art and Jewish culture
Send Resume with Cover Letter and Intern Application To:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.