The Interim Junior Graphic Designer will create engaging materials and support the Museum’s overall visual identity in support of exhibitions, programs, fundraising, onsite signage, and multi-channel advertising campaigns. Projects will include print, digital media, motion graphics, and environmental design, as well as art directing and executing photo shoots for retail products, events, and special projects. This part-time hourly position is on an interim basis, beginning in May 2019 and ending in September 2019. Hours per week to be determined based on studio staffing and needs.
|Department:||Marketing & Communications|
|Reports to:||Associate Director of Marketing|
|Date posted:||April 29, 2019|
Design attractive and effective promotional materials in a variety of media for a range of target audiences.
Understand how to work within set graphic standards but accommodate and adapt to the needs and desires of different audience cohorts.
Work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders in different departments including Marketing, Digital, Retail, Development, Curatorial, and Education. Seamlessly balance work on multiple varied projects at a time.
Prepare design files for production.
Communicate with vendors and other service providers relating to design and fabrication.
Adhere to production schedules, budgets, and deadlines.
Actively stay abreast of current design trends.
- Earned or pending Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- Minimum one year of experience designing marketing collateral or advertisements preferred.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Video editing, HTML, CSS, Keynote, PowerPoint a plus; motion and/or environmental design experience a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, typesetting and typography.
- Knowledge and experience in print production.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to take direction and build productive working relationships.
- Experience and interest in photography preferred.
- Experience with or deep passion for arts and culture a plus.
For immediate consideration send resume, cover letter and samples of your design/website portfolio to:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Applicants must submit samples of their design/website portfolio to be considered for this position.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.