The Jewish Museum’s Marketing Department oversees the Museum's print and digital advertising, outdoor advertising, direct marketing, and promotional outreach. In addition, the department develops and produces key messaging, collateral, and other material to support the visitor experience of collections and exhibitions, educational programs, membership, and special events. Marketing works in close collaboration with the Creative Services Department – led by the Consulting Creative Director – the in-house design studio that provides graphic design and print and digital production services to client departments across the Museum.
The Marketing Coordinator plays a key role in supporting all department functions by spearheading project management, trafficking, and budget tracking. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and also supports the Consulting Creative Director by overseeing project workflow within the studio.
|Reports to:||Associate Director of Marketing|
|Date posted:||July 13, 2017|
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Marketing and Creative Services Departments by scheduling project kick-off meetings, developing and managing production schedules, designating workloads to designers in collaboration with the Consulting Creative Director, and routing material for approval
- Coordinate and implement the Museum’s direct marketing program in accordance with overall marketing strategy
- Maintain and coordinate the direct mail calendar (invitations, newsletters, brochures and postcards)
- Oversee list management, selection, quality assurance and evaluation in cooperation with CRM Assistant Systems Manager
- Manage data cleanup and NCOA processes in CRM system
- Serve as key contact with external mail house and external list brokers
- Interpret Marketing strategy to the Design Studio to facilitate development of effective creative. Support Associate Director of Marketing in developing creative briefs as part of Marketing team.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Communications, Digital, and Visitor Experience to ensure a unified and strategic approach to marketing efforts
- Track production expenses against budgets to leverage limited resources
- Negotiate on behalf of the Museum to secure best available rates
- Manage vendor payments
- Support the Editorial Brand Manager by proofreading marketing copy against the Jewish Museum Style Guide
- Oversee interns as necessary
- Other related administrative duties as needed
- Superior project management and the ability to successfully shepherd projects through complex workflow processes
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to tackle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Competent and comfortable managing budgets and making financial decisions
- Sound judgement in prioritizing deliverables for multiple clients
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a team as well as independently problem-solve/trouble-shoot.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to demonstrate flexibility in responding to both internal client, external vendor, and Museum needs
- B.A./B.S. degree in art history, design, marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Two to three years’ experience in a dynamic office environment
- Strong eye for detail and brand consistency in all written and visual marketing content
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with experience in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); experience with Basecamp or Air Table a plus
- Genuine interest in art and/or Jewish history and culture
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
Phone: (212) 423-3238
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.