The Jewish Museum seeks an experienced building mechanic to provide critical facility support by maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building mechanical systems.
|Reports to:||Senior Director, Operations|
- Monitor, maintain and repair all HVAC equipment to ensure adequate levels of temperature and humidity throughout museum.
- Perform necessary adjustments either manually or via BAS to maintain desired climatic conditions.
- Inspect all life safety systems as mandated by code.
- Perform daily inspections of lighting systems throughout museum and Townhouse and replace bulbs as necessary maintaining specified levels of light.
- Prepare lighting equipment for new exhibitions, work with lighting designer installing lighting fixtures.
- Respond to all building related malfunctions, call service contractor if unable to correct problem.
- Install and repair door locks and associated door hardware as instructed.
- Perform electrical installations and repairs including wiring for communications systems.
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems. Install new fixtures and/or equipment as necessary.
- Order parts and supplies as necessary to keep plant in good working order.
- Generate Trend Reports and issue TOD commands via BMS for special events.
- Clean and maintain all mechanical rooms, paint when necessary.
- Respond and participate in all Fire drills in conjunction with the Security staff.
- Environmental Control Technology Diploma.
- NYC Fire Department Refrigeration License, Q-01 or Q-99
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Fitness: S 95, P 98, P 99.
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to read Blue Prints.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Building Mechanic/Engineer with emphasis in HVAC.
- Computer literate.
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.