The Manager, AP & Payroll is responsible for processing weekly and semi-monthly payrolls (averaging 5 to 6 payrolls a month); preparing payroll accounting entries into GL accounting system (Great Plains), and preparing and submitting pension benefit (e.g., 403(b) plan) contributions to Plan Trustee. Additionally, the Manager, AP & Payroll is responsible for all accounts payable functions for the Museum, including but not limited to processing invoices, cutting checks, reconciling vendor statements, and creating monthly AP accruals. They will also provide audit and reporting support and generally support the Finance Department and assist in developing accurate and timely financial statements.
|Date posted:||July 21, 2023|
|Schedule:||Full-time; 35 hours / 5 days a week|
- Performs and oversees all financial aspects of the payroll preparation and transmission process using the ADP Workforce Now system. This includes but is not limited to, calculating regular and overtime payments, keying in payroll data, reconciling payroll discrepancies, and overseeing payroll transmissions.
- Prepare weekly and semi-monthly 403b Plan contribution data entry schedules; submit contributions to the Plan Trustee in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and enter payroll and benefit plan related transactions into GL (Great Plains).
- Prepare fringe benefits funding uploads after each payroll, such as those for FSA.
- Collect proper vendor information, match purchase orders, and process vendor invoices, bills, and other expense (and reimbursement) reports.
- Review GL codes assigned to invoices and bills to ensure their accuracy. Prepare and review payment request forms (GL coding summary sheets).
- Perform reconciliations for bank accounts and GL accounts; follow up on outstanding issues and outstanding checks.
- Review prepaid expense GL accounts/transactions, prepare reclassification GL entries to allocate prepayments to proper accounting periods.
- Prepare sales tax returns and related payments triggered by sales transactions.
- Prepare certain interoffice allocation GL entries (e.g., interoffice postages).
- Analyze and reconcile travel expense accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and record checks, wire transfers, and other drafts.
- Respond to payroll and AP inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Process/record other ad-hoc AP transactions into Great Plains accounting system as needed.
- Timely prepare annual 1099 forms at each calendar year end.
- Create new vendor files and maintain vendor master files.
Other Duties and Responsibilities or Relevant Information (optional):
- Provide support for various audits and other information for return filing needs.
- Provide ad-hoc expenses/AP related summarized reports and other information as needed from management team.
- Perform routine office functions, such as filing, copying, faxing, supply maintenance, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (i.e., completed a formal 4- or 5-year college accounting program), strongly encouraged.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAPs on AP/Expense related transactions (i.e., must be able to form, independent judgement on how an accounting/AP transaction should be properly coded in conform with U.S. GAAPs).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to work with team members and interface with vendors in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Highly experienced in handling Payroll and Accounts Payable transactions.
- Highly experienced in AP modules in Windows OS platform – experienced with Microsoft Dynamics GP AP module, highly preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Salary: $67,500 - $72,000
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all abilities and ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds to apply for this position. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
This is a unionized position with covered employees represented by Local 2110, UAW, AFL-CIO.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.