The Social Media Associate is responsible for generating, adapting, and coordinating content for the Museum’s digital platforms to support audience development goals. Core deliverables include short- and long-form content for the Jewish Museum’s social media channels and website, TheJewishMuseum.org, and other related or relevant platforms. The role supports all aspects of the Museum’s audience-facing activities and collaborates with colleagues across the Museum.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Social Media Associate is a member of the Digital Content & Communications Department, which develops and executes integrated promotional strategies across all channels to raise the profile of the Museum, increase onsite visitation and online engagement, and support audience development goals for all aspects of the Museum’s operations.
- Department: Digital Content & Communications
- Reports to: Director of Marketing Communications
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Schedule: Full-Time
|Date posted:||January 15, 2021|
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Digital Content & Communications Department on developing multichannel promotional strategies and tailoring them to digital editorial channels.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing Communications, draft content for the Museum’s social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and new channels that may develop in the future.
- Leverage expertise in social media platforms, current trends, and best practices.
- Ideate, research, copywrite, copyedit, fact-check, and gather assets to support editorial channels.
- Develop and track relevant goals and internal KPIs for benchmarking and optimization.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Museum (Curatorial, Development, Membership, Education, etc.) to adapt messaging into audience-appropriate content.
- Maintain a clear and distinctive voice for the Museum brand.
- Translate academic prose into audience-focused messaging with clear calls to action.
- Uphold editorial standards of the Museum’s website, TheJewishMuseum.org.
- Serve as primary content editor for the Museum’s website via its content management system (Expression Engine).
- Support the development of long-form editorial content for Medium and other existing and emerging content channels.
- Implement updates to the Museum’s marketing style guidelines.
- As needed and on a project-basis, support the Department’s digital platforms through involvement in website development and maintenance, email marketing, and CRM strategies.
- May supervise intern(s), freelancers, and work closely with outside vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years work experience.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communications skills.
- Active user and fluent in social media best practices.
- Competent computer skills; basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud required; experience in website content management systems preferred; basic knowledge of HTML.
- Personable team player.
- Analytical skills with ability to generate metrics reports using Google Analytics.
- Creative problem-solver able to work nimbly in a deadline-oriented manner.
- Knowledge of/interest in art and working at an art museum.
- Associate Director, Human Resources
- The Jewish Museum
- 1109 Fifth Avenue
- New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. The Jewish Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.