The Jewish Museum is seeking to hire an Accountant who is experienced in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), knowledgeable in Nonprofit GAAPs, and with 2 to 4 years of transactional/corporate accounting experience. The position will also be supervised by the Assistant Controller of the Museum’s Finance Department.
The successful candidate needs to be strong in analytical and reconciliation skills with great attention to details, and will be responsible for the following:
- Record revenue and cash receipt/credit card transactions triggered by various revenue sources/streams, including but not limited to contributions and exchange transactions
- Analyze revenue and receivable accounts on a timely fashion (at least monthly); work with staff at various revenue source (department) levels to reconcile discrepancies/errors identified between revenue/AR records kept in Finance Department versus those kept in various platforms at the revenue source levels, such as Salesforce and Shop platforms
- Update various required reports in relation to revenue streams as instructed by Assistant Controller
- Prepare and record journal entries as instructed by Controller and Assistant Controller
- Record fixed asset transactions into and perform depreciation process using Great Plains’ Fixed Asset module
- Review cash and credit card transactions, investigate discrepancies/errors, and perform bank reconciliations
- Follow internal control procedures and obtain proper approvals in relation to AR (and other) responsibilities
- Backup Bookkeeper position’s duties, including bank runs/deposits and follow up with banks on discrepancies/errors in relation to bank transactions
- Work with other team members in response to audit (and other compliance) requests
Other Duties and Responsibilities or Relevant Information:
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller on ah-hoc reports/projects and other responsibilities in response to changes in responsibilities among members in the Finance team
- Order office supplies for the Finance team and transfer job position associated accounting records/files to storage at year end
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (i.e. a formal 4- or 5-year college accounting program)
- 2 to 4 years of transactional/corporate accounting experience in a Nonprofit corporate environment preferred
- Experienced in Great Plains modules and MS Excel preferred
- Must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to details
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Center for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis)
- Require working both onsite and remote due to COVID-19 pandemic
Salary Range for Position: $75,000-$80,000
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all abilities and ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds to apply for this position. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
This is a unionized position with covered employees represented by Local 2110, UAW, AFL-CIO.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.