Visitor Experience Assistants provide visitors with a positive and welcoming experience at the Jewish Museum through courteous, proactive, and efficient sales and customer service. The Museum operates six days a week, including evenings, weekends, and holiday hours.
Visitor Experience Assistants are responsible for fulfilling an array of job functions in a friendly, positive manner, including selling admission and program tickets; selling memberships and serving member needs; providing visitor information and wayfinding assistance; administering and orienting visitors to the Museum’s mobile tours; ticket scanning and queue management; providing customer service support by telephone; assisting with the fielding of audience intercept surveys; and acting as in-gallery attendants as needed. The position pays a competitive rate of $15/hour, plus a pooled commission on Museum memberships sold.
The Visitor Experience team is currently looking to hire individuals on a part-time and on-call for the time frame of late March to mid September.
|Reports to:||Director of Visitor Experience|
|Date posted:||February 26, 2019|
- Act as an ambassador to the museum, greeting all visitors in a warm and respectful manner, and delivering a customer experience aligned with the museum’s brand and core messaging and ensuring all programs, exhibitions, and services are properly communicated to visitors. Adhere to outlined training materials and steps of service.
- Work closely with the Membership and Marketing departments to achieve monthly sales goals, including upselling visitors to become members, and upgrading and renewing existing members.
- Participate in day to day management of cash drawers, including financial reconciliations and reporting.
- Attend periodic trainings on Museum standards and protocols (e.g. security, accessibility); responsible for upholding these standards as part of daily duties.
- Maintain proper appearance of the front desk and manage visitor materials, including replenishing printed materials throughout the building and maintaining mobile tour devices.
- Partner effectively with colleagues in other departments, including Security, Retail, and Operations, to provide a consistent visitor experience.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints in a highly respectful and diplomatic manner.
- Evaluate visitor experience and make recommended changes as needed.
- Potential to be cross-trained in expanded functions within the division, including work with group tour sales, outreach, and retail.
- Naturally outgoing and positive demeanor
- Experience in and enjoyment of customer-facing roles, such as retail or hospitality
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; adept team player
- Able to report to duty during inclement weather to maintain the Museum’s operations
- Proficiency in foreign languages preferred (priority given to fluency in Spanish, French, Hebrew, and Russian)
- Strong interest in art and Jewish culture a plus
- Computer savvy; able to learn new technologies quickly; prior experience with POS systems a plus
- Ability to sit and stand for extended long periods of time
- Weekend and evening availability required
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.