Dates: July 8 - August 12, 2020
Reports to: Associate Manager of Adult Programs
FLSA Status: Upaid
Work Schedule: 16 hours per week
This five-week online internship, modeled as a summer institute, will be an introduction to every aspect of work at the Jewish Museum as it happens both onsite and in the virtual sphere. Learn about how museums and other cultural organizations are adapting to our current reality of dramatic social change and explore the future of museum work with a group of your peers. Meet with the Jewish Museum’s senior leadership to hear about their vision for the Museum and discuss the work of producing and promoting exhibitions and programs with curators, graphic designers, educators, fundraisers, and digital and communications staff. Special guests from beyond the Museum will include artists, gallerists, book and exhibition designers, and other leading figures in the art world.
Applications due: June 15
Notifications sent: June 22
|Reports to:||Associate Manager of Adult Programs|
|Schedule:||16 hours per week|
- Two hour-long group Zoom sessions per week
- Completion of a creative or research project
- Participation in group Slack channel
- Weekly individual check-ins on Zoom
- Current or recently graduated university student (BA or MA level)
- Interest in museum work and art
- Ability to participate in a seminar-type discussion
To apply, send resume, cover letter, internship application, and list of relevant coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.