The Jewish Museum seeks an experienced building mechanic to provide critical facility support by maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building mechanical systems.
- Department: Operations
- FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervisor: Associate Director, Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Monitor, maintain and repair all HVAC equipment to ensure adequate levels of temperature and humidity throughout museum.
- Perform necessary adjustments either manually or via BAS to maintain desired climatic conditions.
- Inspect all life safety systems as mandated by code.
- Perform daily inspections of lighting systems throughout museum and Townhouse and replace bulbs as necessary maintaining specified levels of light.
- Prepare lighting equipment for new exhibitions, work with lighting designer installing lighting fixtures.
- Respond to all building related malfunctions, call service contractor if unable to correct problem.
- Install and repair door locks and associated door hardware as instructed.
- Perform electrical installations and repairs including wiring for communications systems.
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems. Install new fixtures and/or equipment as necessary.
- Order parts and supplies as necessary to keep plant in good working order.
- Generate Trend Reports and issue TOD commands via BMS for special events.
- Clean and maintain all mechanical rooms, paint when necessary.
- Respond and participate in all Fire drills in conjunction with the Security staff.
- Environmental Control Technology Diploma.
- NYC Fire Department Refrigeration License, Q-01 or Q-99
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Fitness: S 95, P 98, P 99.
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to read Blue Prints.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Building Mechanic/Engineer with emphasis in HVAC.
- Computer literate.
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. The Jewish Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.