The Porter is responsible for physical maintenance of the office areas, staff kitchens, public and staff restrooms, galleries and public areas. Additional responsibilities include set-ups for meeting and events. The Porter must be reliable, honest, and able to work independently and efficiently. Must have flexible schedule and able to cover day, evening and weekend shifts.
|Reports to:||Associate Director, Security|
|Date posted:||October 11, 2017|
|Schedule:||40 hours/ week|
Routine work includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Dust, vacuum, sweep and or/mop floors as necessary.
- Scrub, or strip, and wax floors.
- Clean exhibition cases.
- Collect and remove garbage from building to sidewalk for pick-up.
- Clean and sanitize restroom fixtures, hardware, tile, mirrors, partitions, floors, etc.
- Make coffee, setup tables, chairs, etc., for meetings and other events.
- Move materials, supplies, furniture, etc. within the building.
- Clean sidewalk, planters, etc.
- Shovel and remove snow during winter months.
- Relieve, assist, or fill in temporarily on the other jobs as assigned by the office.
- Clean all tools, supplies and equipment after each use and store in the proper place.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work standing up for an eight (8) hour shift
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis)
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
This is a unionized position with covered employees represented by Local 241, TWU, AFL-CIO.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.