The intern will assist with projects that relate to film and television projects at The Jewish Museum. These projects include the NEW YORK JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL, presented annually by The Jewish Museum and Film Society of Lincoln Center, and TELEVISION AND BEYOND, which presents a rotating selection of television clips in the Museum’s Collection Display.
|Reports to:||Associate Curator, Director of NY Jewish Film Festival|
|Date posted:||May 1, 2019|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
|Schedule:||Part-Time; 2 days / week|
- Assist in processing submissions for the January 2020 Film Festival
- Assist with researching films for possible inclusion in the Film Festival
- Write descriptions and assessments of select submitted films
- Assist with communications with filmmakers and distributors
- Assist with gathering materials about the films for marketing and publicity purposes
- Assist with preparations for Television and Beyond
- Assist with assessing and organizing materials related to the Broadcast Archive
- B.A or M.A. in Film Studies, Media Archiving or Preservation, Museum Studies, or an arts-related field
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for film and media; familiarity with museums.
Send Resume with Cover Letter and Intern Application To:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.