The Porter is responsible for physical maintenance of the office areas, staff kitchens, public and staff restrooms, galleries and public areas. Additional responsibilities include set-ups for meetings and events. The Porter must be reliable, honest, and able to work independently and efficiently. Must have flexible schedule and be able to cover day, evening and weekend shifts.
|Associate Director, Operations
|November 2, 2023
|40 hours/week; must have ability to work days/nights/weekends and overtime
Routine work includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Perform routine and specialized cleaning tasks throughout office and gallery spaces, including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing restrooms, public areas, staff kitchens, and gallery spaces.
- Proficient in the safe and proper use of necessary cleaning equipment to maintain and enhance the appearance of floors (buffing, shampooing, stripping, etc )
- Collecting and disposing of garbage from building(s), as well as bundling cardboard for pick-up in accordance with NYC Sanitation regulations.
- Ability to follow logistics and floor plans to set up tables/chairs/spaces for various events and meetings.
- Skilled in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to facilitate the movement of items within the building(s).
- Ability to maintain exterior of museum, such as washing down sidewalks and weeding tree pits in summer and applying snow melt in winter.
- Able to provide relief and assistance to other team members.
- Capable of cleaning all tools, supplies and equipment after each use and store in the proper place.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work standing up for an eight (8) hour shift
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all abilities and ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds to apply for this position. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
This is a unionized position with covered employees represented by Local 241, TWU, AFL-CIO.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.